AAD nv/sa (1986), is an engineering company specialised in safety automation systems with Headquarters in Brussels.
Since 1997 AAD nv/sa has been focusing on the development of security devices for skydivers, by combining our expertise with those of professional skydivers, riggers and manufacturers
- 2018: over 50.000 units shipped worldwide and 300+ life saves
- 2017: New Vigil Cuatro on the market (4 modes in 1 unit)
- 2014: New Vigil 2+ on the market.
- 2012 &2013: over 30.000 units fielded and 150+ reported life saves
- 2010 & 2011: More than 20.000 units and 120 life saves
- 2009: 13.000 Units in the field and 60 life saves
- 2008: 10.000 Units in the field…
- 2007: The new Guardian Angel, The Vigil II entered the market…
- 2006: More than 5000 Vigils in the field.
- 2005: More than 100 dealers worldwide
- 2004: Several reported life saves
- 2003: The Vigil® entered the market and started to serve skydivers
- 2002: Patent granted, the Vigil® project was born
- 2001: First prototypes were tested
- 2000: Electronic static started
- 1999: A European patent was introduced